voopoo vmate 200w tc box mod review | lightweight and swiftness
lightweight and durable with updated Gene Fan chip
Voopoo vmate mod is one of the recent mods from Voopoo, featuring an updated Gene Fan chip and boasting a lightweight design. The compact and sleek design of the Vmate combined with the performance of the Gene chip make this a versatile mod.
Specs of Voopoo Vmate 200w :
- Dimensions 89*47*30mm
- Output 5-200W
- Voltage range of 0-7.5V
- Resistance range of .05-3ohms in Power mode and .05-1.5ohms in TC mode
- Dual 18650 batteries
- Temperature range 200-600F and 100-315C
- Memory mode with 5 slots
- Weight 100g (without batteries)
- Firmware upgradable
- Made from a Zinc Alloy material
- Features all of your usual regulated protections.
Features of voopoo vmate 200w tc box mod :
The Vmate mod has the popular Gene chip on board, making it as powerful as the Drag but in a more compact design. Voopoo have designed the Vmate kit to be lightweight and durable. I can account for the durability of this mod, I dropped it from a height of three feet, and there was barely a scratch. The battery compartment has been redesigned in this mod, the patterned panels on each side of the screen function as the battery doors.
The Vmate 200w is available in a range of panel designs in both a grey and black finish. There’s no word at the moment if you will be able to buy the panels separately. The overall design of the mod is pleasant, it is a good looking mod. The front and back panel of the mod look the same, other than the addition of the micro usb port on the front screen side of the mod. The menu features are basic on the voopoo Vmate, no options for screen, or custom curve. But, the Vmate 200w mod does have power mode, three options for temperature control mode, and you can save your favourite settings to the mods memory.
I find the Vmate mod to be very responsive it fires fast, and it doesn’t skip through the wattage or temperature setting too fast. The mod does have a compact shape which feels very comfortable to hold. The Vmate has a particular feature that all of Voopoo’s Gene chip mods have. The ability for the mod to recognise a new coil and to set the mod to the correct wattage based on the resistance of the coil you are using. This is handy, especially if you are a newer vaper and unsure what wattage you should be vaping at. The mod will often set the wattage to lower setting, but this is a handy feature for new vapers, who may not know the best wattage they should be vaping at.
Pros of voopoo vmate tc box mod 200w :
- The Vmate tc mod is lighter than the Drag and other mods, and placing the battery doors on either side is a unique design.
- The fire rate of the Vmate is very fast, I find the mod to be very responsive.
- The centered 510 and the 30mm width allows for larger atomizers with no overhang.
- The screen is nice and bright and easy to read
- The mod is durable the battery doors stay on when dropped, and the buttons did not fall off from the impact.
- You have memory modes and custom curve control.
Cons of Voopoo Vmate mod kit :
- Voopoo claim the weight of the mod is 100g, without batteries or an atomizer this would be the case, but with batteries the weight is closer to 200g, and it weighs more than the Thor mod by ThinkVape (that mod is made of mostly plastic)
- I don’t understand why Voopoo placed the buttons on the side of the mod, they feel awkward. The buttons look cheap, and it’s hard to tell if you should be side pressing or pressing from the top, it’s also very easy to press the selection buttons thinking your are pressing the fire button. This mod would have been much better had they been placed on the front of the mod.
- Even though screen real estate appears quite large, the actual screen takes up only a small part of that front panel, so I’m confused whey they didn’t place the buttons on the front.
In Conclusion of Vmate Mod :
The Vmate is definitely lightweight, and it has a comfortable design, though it does weight slightly more than other “lightweight” mods due to it’s sturdy zinc alloy construction. Personally I don’t mind that it weighs more than the Thinkvape Thor mod, the Vmate tc mod is has a solid quality construction and can’t handle being dropped. The user interface of the Vmate is very simple, and it has all the basic features you need in a regulated device. Temperature control is an added benefit which means the Vmate has something for new and experienced vapers. I really hope that Voopoo do decide to release the panels separately.